Here are the top interesting facts about the country France, including the language, currency, flag and the world-famous Eiffel Tower, enjoy!
- A person who can speak French fluently is known as a Francophone.
- The entire country of France is divided into twenty-two different regions.
- Denim clothing was originally developed in France in the city of Nimes.
- It is estimated that 94% of French children know English as their second language.
- The tradition of wearing a white dress for wedding days originated in France back in 1499.
- April Fool’s Day was also originated in France after the nation started following the Gregorian Calendar but failed to communicate the change properly.
- The Capital city of France is Paris.
- Paris was originally named ‘Lutetia’.
- It is estimated that there are between 200,000 and 1 million illegal immigrants in France.
- There are over 130 television channels in France.
- The Statue of Liberty in New York City, was a gift from the people of France to the US.
- Mont-Blanc in the French Alps is the highest peak in Europe. It is nearly 4,810 metres high.
- France produces over 400 varieties of cheese!
- The Eiffel Tower was built in 1889 by Gustave Eiffel.
- It is illegal to kiss on railways in France.
- On 28th November 2002, the Eiffel Tower received its 200,000,000th guest!
- The Official currency in France is the Euro.
- Puss in Boots, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Little Red Riding Hood, were all written by a Frenchman named Charles Perrault.
Read more: https://www.thefactsite.com/2011/12/26-facts-about-france.html